The Risk Officer is responsible for providing support to the Manager, Operational & Liquidity Risk or the Manager, Credit Risk in the implementation and execution of the credit risk or operational and liquidity risk management framework and supporting processes across the Group of Companies.
- Assist in the management of processes to identify, evaluate and conduct risk and control self-assessments and independent reviews.
- Support the implementation, review and approval of the enterprise-wide risk governance framework.
- Assist in the implementation of a risk framework for any new acquisitions within the Group.
- Assist in the development of risk policies and procedures.
- Undertake ongoing monitoring of the risk-taking activities and risk exposures to ensure they are in line with the board-approved risk appetite, risk limits and corresponding capital or liquidity needs (i.e. capital planning).
- Support the ongoing monitoring of processes, procedures, policies, products and services which are implemented in the entities within the Group.
- Assist in establishing an early warning or trigger system for breaches of the entities’ risk appetite or limits.
- Prepare reports including corporate risk and control assessment reports where required for all entities within the Group.
- Prepare reports for regulatory bodies (e.g. ECCB, CBB, FSC) as required for all entities within the Group.
- Support the implementation and conduct of the internal stress test programmes.
- Facilitate in-house training as required including but not limited to:
- Risk tools and systems
- Policies and procedures
- Mitigation strategies
- Incident Reporting
- Conduct risk assessments as required using quantitative and qualitative measures.
- Any other duties ancillary or related to the foregoing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting or a related area.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ related experience.
- Professional certification in Risk Management (RIMS).
- Membership of the Institute of Risk Management.
- In depth understanding and experience of enterprise risk management within the financial services industry.
- Provide support the BPWCCUL Group IT Security Risk and Compliance programme.
- Assist the Group in understanding and complying with FSC, CBB and ECCB rules and guidelines governing the group’s technology, including third parties and vendors.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Occasional travel as required.
Applications should be sent to Patricia Archer, Talent Manager, Human Resources Department via e-mail at: email@example.com
Subject: Risk Officer (BPW-85)
Deadline: November 29th, 2023
We thank all candidates however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.