The Barbados Public Workers’ Co-operative Credit Union offers affordable financing to our members so that they can best achieve their dreams and aspirations. In addition to the specific requirements outlined in each category on this page, members are asked to present the following documents when applying for any of our loans:
Do note that the Credit Union is unable to process applications that do not have these documents.
We offer vehicle loans for new and used vehicles. Requirements are:
• an invoice from garage/letter from vendor confirming purchase price s well as details of the vehicle. Details at minimum shall include:
◦ engine & chassis numbers or or Vehicle Identification Number (V.I.N)
◦ year, colour and model of vehicle
◦ confirmation of comprehensive insurance coverage from an Insurance company.
• A letter of certification of ownership from the vendor confirming that the vehicle is free from prior charges, loans, judgements; or where the vehicle is encumbered or subject to an existing loan, confirmation of balances should be provided.
• Confirmation in writing from the vendor of the purchase price of the vehicle
• Confirmation of payment of comprehensive insurance or coverage of third party insurance or quotation for insurance premium.
• A valuation report not more than three (3) months old from an authorised dealer
• An up-to-date Road Worthy Certificate from an authorised dealer
• A current Insurance Cover Note in the name of the seller or current Insurance Certificate
• A letter from the seller confirming the intent to sell and the price.
If you need a loan for vehicle repairs, an estimate of expenses to be incurred is required. For a loan to cover vehicle insurance, an invoice from the insurance company is required.
Alternatively, you can make a one-time application for a Motor Vehicle Line of Credit to cover insurance and road tax expenses year after year. As your insurance premium decreases, you can use the extra credit for other vehicle related expenses. On application, you will need to submit a quote for insurance coverage.
We also offer a variety of personal loans to fit your every need. Following are the different categories of loans and the required documentation that you need in order to apply.
Whether you are looking to study full-time or part-time, our flexible student loan facility will relieve you of your financial burden leaving you free to focus on your future. All applicants must be members of the Credit Union. Requirements for loan application are as follows:
Use the equity in your home to secure a loan to improve/maintain your property, travel, pay for education or consolidate debt. A recent valuation of the property, a copy of the land plot, and documentation supporting the reason for the loan are required.
The Back-to-School and Christmas loan facilities are only available in specific months during the year. Stay tuned to our home page and social media for updates. The Land Tax L.O.C, however, is available throughout the year based on the member’s specific land tax payment dates.
These are revolving lines of credit, which means that you only apply once and as long as your payments are up to date, the facility is re-opened as the season comes around without you having to re-apply. The maximum repayment period for these facilities is 24 months.
With a minimum of $250 in ‘free’ savings on your account, you may apply for an unsecured line of credit. The maximum shall be three times your gross monthly salary or $20,000 whichever is less. The table below shows savings requirements by limit:
Free Savings Required
up to $2,500
$2,501 - $5,000
$5,001 - $7,500
$7,501 - $10,000
$10,001 - $12,500
$12,501 - $15,000
$15,001 - $17,500
$17,501 - $20,000
This Line of Credit is quite popular because it works just like a credit card with a few exceptions. With our line of credit there is:
• a larger limit
• a lower interest rate than that paid on credit cards
Our share secured loans allow you to leave your savings in place and continue to earn dividends and interest on them while using them to fully secure your loan.
When it comes to buying or building a home, refinancing your present home or using some of your home’s equity, choosing the right loan can make a big difference to your future. The Barbados Public Workers’ Co-operative Credit Union Limited has a variety of loans to suit your specific needs.
Self Employed/Retired Persons (special conditions apply) Applicants in this category are required to provide proof of income with a letter from the Administrator of their Pension Plan or a copy of the most recent pension cheque and substantiated by bank statements.
When choosing The Barbados Public Workers'
Co-operative Credit Union Limited for your
mortgage there are:
• no negotiation fees
• no commitment fees
• no early payoff penalties
• no hidden costs
Payments are made on the reducing balance and you are allowed to build to a habitable stage, making our mortgage even more flexible.
All mortgage applicants are subject to a minimum entry deposit of $3,500 for residential loans. Mortgage applicants also must maintain a minimum primary share balance of $500 and save a minimum of $50 per month. Once your mortgage has been repaid in full, the entry deposit is returned to you—with interest.
Call us: (246) 622-9000
UK Freephone 0808-234-1327
Fax: (246) 437-8745
This is where you belong
© Barbados Public Workers’ Co-operative Credit Union Limited