Submission Deadline: March 16, 2023
The Administrative Assistant is to provide professional, administrative support for the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer that includes a wide range of administrative duties to be handled with confidentiality and discretion where required. Interface with other executives in the credit union, with elected officials, with members, and visitors to the credit union ensuring you project a positive image. Prepare correspondence, manuals, spreadsheets, undertake filing, and answer phones utilizing a broad range of computer applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Schedules and arranges appointments and meetings for the CRCO as required.
- Coordinates with the other Administrative Assistants or Secretaries within the Group to ensure communication links are maintained for joint meetings, projects etc.
- Provides assistance through answering the telephone, disseminating information, resolving questions, and/or routing calls to appropriate individuals. Take messages and coordinate follow through to resolution. Route complaints, as required and as appropriate.
- Obtains approval of invoices and submit to the Finance Department for payment.
- Utilises and maintains the departmental log of information and documents requiring the CRCO’s signature.
- Assists in the provision of quality service through answering the telephone, disseminating information, resolving questions, and/or routing calls to appropriate individuals. Takes messages and coordinate follow through to resolution.
- Prepares correspondence as appropriate. Ensures accuracy and timeliness of work.
- Assists with preparation and/or conduct of meetings, presentations, conferences, conference calls etc. through:
- Collating, drafting and distributing the agenda.
- Attending meetings to take minutes.
- Typing and distribution of minutes to defined deadlines.
- Maintaining a list of action points and following through and chasing all relevant parties to ensure action points are resolved.
- Perform specialised or confidential administrative duties, including:
- Researching data.
- Preparing reports and statistics as required.
- Maintains accurate and complete files and records, manually or through an active records management system.
- Maintains inventory of supplies for the department, and order stationery and other miscellaneous supplies as required.
- Performs other general clerical, secretarial and administrative support to the department.
- Any other duties ancillary or related to the foregoing.
- Five (5) CXCs including English and Mathematics with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant.
- The Professional Secretary’s Certificate or Certificate in Secretarial practice.
- Ability to work as part of a team when required.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own workload.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional weekends and/or evening work.
Applications should be sent to Patricia Archer, Human Resources Department via e-mail at:
firstname.lastname@example.org - Subject: Administrative Assistant (Risk and Compliance) (BPW-3)
Deadline: March 16, 2023