The Training and Development Officer will be responsible for the training and professional development of the organisation's workforce. This will include delivering development, administering needs assessments, gauging skills shortages, and addressing these through tailored training programs in addition to ensuring the effectiveness of training by monitoring performance post-intervention and providing general support activities. The role holder will develop targeted training user guides, content for website/LMS and delivering face-to-face and virtual training content.
Training and Development
- Coordinate and execute the organisations training plan to promote Employee Value Propositions, Employee Journey Maps and Engagement activities to improve the professional/personal development of our employees at all levels.
- Facilitate the design and administration of training needs analysis.
- Create and execute development interventions including the sourcing and researching of appropriate development materials.
- Conduct periodic training needs assessments and compile a log of training requests from the annual PDRs and budget process and feed that data into the annual training plan.
- Assist HR management in the design and administration of cultural transformation initiatives. This includes the embedding of the organisation’s Core Values.
- Develop, co-ordinate and deliver effective onboarding/orientation and reorientation programmes to deliver an exceptional first day experience for new hires.
- Carry out administrative functions to support the Training and Development portfolio.
- Project-manage the scheduling, and monitoring of development interventions at the organisational level. Undertake monitoring and evaluation of development interventions. Support people leaders in the delivery of development plans.
- Source appropriate facilitators and prepare proposals and develop associated contracts.
- Assist with pre and post-course administration. Assist in the review and analysis of learning results.
- Conduct general training programmes as required and create the organisations training calendars.
- Assist with the development and management of the annual training budget.
- Ensure that regulatory and statutory training requirements are met.
- Responsible for the production of internal training/development guides, manuals and support materials.
- Administer, promote and evaluate the learning management systems (LMS) and programmes.
- Develop and administer coaching programmes for the organisation.
- Develop/design and administer the annual induction programme for Job Attachment/Internship/Work Experience.
- Develop, administer and maintain the training and development database.
- Produce training reports, metrics and dashboards as required.
- Support discussions on the educational assistance and study leave programme as appropriate.
- Partners with the HR leadership team to update employees on development and training intervention, updates and programmes.
- Counsels employees on career pathing and counselling, retraining, and continuous education.
- Assists with the administration of the performance management scheme/PDR appraisals.
- Support probation/reviews to ensure relevant forms are completed by people leaders.
- Provide support to People Leaders to ensure evaluation of performance during acting appointments is assessed and feedback is provided to reviewee.
- Support the Performance Management Process by responding to queries managers and employees at various stages in the process including working with managers to get PDRs completed and submitted on time.
- Support the creation of performance improvement plans.
- Prepare communications for client groups as well as maintain/improve the communication vehicle to all employees across the organisation.
- Support the employee relations function by providing an effective HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters
- Review associated policies as required and, in conjunction with the Talent Manager/ Employee Relations Officer, identify areas of opportunity for improvement within the legislative framework/context.
- Support the annual Employee Engagement survey and associated informational sessions.
- Attend departmental meetings and visit departments and entities to present on a range of HR issues, raising visibility of the department.
- Respond to employee grievances providing advice based on organizational policy and process as appropriate.
- Ensure that polices, programmes are effectively rolled out using the process defined by the organization.
- Any other duties ancillary or related to the foregoing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management/Development or related area.
- Certificate/CVQ in Training and Development would be an asset.
- At least 3 years’ working experience in Training and Development.
- Experience of developing and implementing training programmes and content creation.
- Experience of conducting learning needs analysis.
- Experience of contribution to organization-wide programmes, working closely with people leaders.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of effective training mechanisms and development interventions.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional weekends and/or evening work.
- Infrequent local travel as required.
E-mail: Patricia Archer, Talent Manager, Human Resources email@example.com
Subject: Training and Development Officer (BPW-97)
Deadline: May 22, 2023
We thank all candidates however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.