Submission Deadline: March 16, 2023
The Settlement Officer is responsible for supporting the Supervisor, Settlement and Member Services by assisting with the support of the BPWCCUL card products, e-services and devices; ensure that the Operational Unit maintains the standards and regulations of BPWCCUL as well as industry standards.
- Network Switch/Processor - Complete:
- Timely and accurate reconciliation of the ATM/Network’s reports to enable settlement accounts to be updated daily by accounting for reversals and adjustments.
- The maintenance of the ATM and Network Settlement transaction records to enable the accurate reconciliation to Network’s invoicing.
- cThe maintenance and update of the ATM/Network’s transaction summary reports each business day and distribute as required.
- Prepare and balance daily product settlement reports.
- Prepare and reconcile relevant reports for the Credit Unions e-services.
- Prepare daily journal entries for posting.
- Prepare and balance daily Shared Services Credit Union settlement reports.
- Balance incoming and outgoing transaction reports against settlement values received from relevant bodies.
- Follow timely settlement of card transactions according to established processes.
- Apply correct entries to relevant settlement expense or revenue accounts daily.
- Follow record retention protocol.
- Reconcile incoming work and completed work.
- Daily clearance of card suspense accounts.
- Daily Balancing of ATM and Network settlement GL Accounts.
- Generate, customize and submit reports for various stakeholders.
- Follow existing internal controls and regulatory policies.
- Identify and exploit formal and informal professional improvement opportunities on a regular basis as agreed in the personal performance plan.
- Assist with the conduct of regular reviews of the organization programmes and keep abreast with changes to organization policy, product and service changes and changes to reporting requirements related to the transactions within your responsibilities.
- Attend training and seminars as necessary, following established policies and procedures as outlined.
- May be required to provide coverage for the Supervisor, Settlement and Member Services and the Card Member Services Officers.
- Any other duties ancillary or related to the foregoing.
- Five (5) CXC including Mathematics, Accounting and English with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in customer service within a financial environment, and experience in card-related activities within a financial institution.
- An Associate Degree in Business or related field would be an asset.
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal and analytical skills, including ability to interact effectively with members, employees, and management are essential.
- The ability to plan and execute multiple projects and initiatives balancing department and organizational demands and resources is a must.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional weekends and/or evening work.
- Physical activities include a combination of constant sitting, constant hand motion and occasional standing/walking.
- Occasional travel as required.
Applications should be sent to Patricia Archer, Human Resources Department via e-mail at:
email@example.com - Subject: Settlements Officer (BPW-29)
Deadline: March 16, 2023