Submission Deadline: June 7, 2022
The Manager – Credit Underwriting provides leadership and oversight for the loans processing centre. The role is also responsible for meeting organizational goals while assessing and implementing operational efficiencies through improved processes.
- Develops, implements and oversees the credit underwriting process including all activities related to all loans including restructured and business loans.
- Supports the development and implementation of the Operations Department’s strategy and operating budget.
- Manages the department’s day to day as well as strategic function in accordance with the agreed strategic plan.
- Develops strategies, tactical plans and work flows to achieve the department’s and organization’s objectives.
- Works with key stakeholders to create and implement comprehensive campaigns to increase loans uptake amongst current and future members.
- Works with key stakeholders to ensure the development of appropriate loans product and added value services for members.
- Chairs or participates in appropriate committees and project teams as necessary.
- Ensures that the department is managed to agreed budget, prepares appropriate forecasts, projections and reports.
- Ensures that the required reports and documentation are prepared and submitted according to the appropriate standards and deadlines.
- Establishes, maintains and updates Standard Operating Procedures for the Department.
- Organises and directs the daily activities of the Department ensuring the timely underwriting, documenting and coordinating of loans in compliance with the Credit Union’s lending policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the timely delivery of loans to branches based on the agreed service level agreements.
- Be a key partner in the resolution of member/customer service issues related to area under remit.
- Ensures all loans are underwritten to ensure reduced credit risk and maintenance of a minimum rate of delinquency.
- Ensures that member/customer queries and issues are resolved within required timeframes.
- In conjunction with the key stakeholders, makes recommendations for rate changes, lending limit reviews and exceptions.
- Complies and adheres to security, internal controls, procedures and standards, monitoring and reporting as appropriate, ensuring appropriate separation of duties.
- Ensures accurate and high-quality customer records management, creates, analyses and interprets reports relating to the performance of the department.
- In conjunction with key stakeholders, identifies new and viable markets for lending services and products.
- Manages, and supervises the assigned personnel to ensure a regular, high standard of performance in accordance with HR and other organisational policies.
- Supervises credit underwriters to ensure that internal customers experience a quality and positive service.
- Oversees the workflow, sets objectives, manages performance and ensures a high level of engagement within the team.
- Ensures the continued development of employees, providing coaching, training and development opportunities to improve skills, attitude and competence.
- Ensures the suitable recruitment, orientation and selection of employees in the team.
- Leads by example to establish a target and service driven culture, seeking to regularly improve the performance of the team.
- Any other duties ancillary or related to the foregoing.
- BSc. in Management or a related discipline with at least five (5) years' related experience.
- Ability to perform in a high-volume environment and meet deadlines while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Desire to win, results-oriented and strong work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a decisive approach to problem solving required, which facilitates interaction with members at all levels and particularly with members who often face challenging financial situations.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require weekend and/or occasional evening work.
Applications should be sent to Patricia Archer, Human Resources Department via e-mail at:
firstname.lastname@example.org - Subject: Manager - Credit Underwriting (BPW-83)
Deadline: June 7, 2022