The IT Support Technician will provide technical assistance and advice to computer users of the Group’s IT systems. Manage the daily operations of the various IT platforms, inclusive of core banking systems. Support the ICT team in terms of excellent service delivery.
- Provide outstanding first level support to all users of the Group’s computer facilities. Provide outstanding customer support in person, remotely, by email or phone, and via our Help Desk ticketing system. Identify, research, and resolve technical problems in an expedient manner with follow-up. Document and update technical and non-technical solutions.
- Install and maintain all end user hardware and software and help train employees on their use. Assists with the security of corporate hardware and software.
- Monitor systems for unusual conditions, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Work closely with the Systems Administrator and Network Administrator roles to perform some entry level network and server administration tasks including user management, access control assignment, password resets, and remote access troubleshooting.
- Assists in the preparation of the department’s annual budget/tactical/strategic plans for the ICT Centre and hardware/software requirements for BPWCCUL, ensuring that such plans are consistent with the overall Group strategy.
- Any other duties ancillary or related to the foregoing.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Associate degree, or a related discipline.
- IT Certifications such as CompTIA A+ or Network +.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a related role.
- Understanding of basic networking technologies such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, and NetBIOS.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional weekends and/or evening work.
- Work will require providing scheduled support outside of regular business hours, on call or onsite.
Applications should be sent to Patricia Archer, Human Resources Department via firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: IT Support Technician (BPW-69)
Deadline: August 17, 2023
We thank all candidates however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.