Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Internal Auditor will assist management in developing and executing the Company’s audit Portfolio and take a lead role in the day to day execution of internal audits. They will be required to contribute to the Internal Audit function by identifying risks associated with business objectives and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate those risks in order to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Participate in opening meetings with clients to explain the scope and objectives of the audit engagement to client and provide an overview of all steps in the audit process.
- Develop a thorough understanding of business processes in scope for assigned audits and document the processes in flowcharts and/or process narratives.
- Identify and document inherent risks and controls within the business processes.
- Develop a risk-based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and departmentally defined internal audit methodology. Perform audit tests and prepare working papers in accordance with professional IIA standards and approved methodology.
- Evaluate the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives.
- Identify and document control and process weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings.
- Propose practical and value-added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies.
- Organize and reference work papers for review by the Operations Manager.
- Participate in closing meetings with client at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues.
- Assist in the preparation of a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the branch/department and senior management.
- Assist the Operations Manager in the development of annual Internal Audit plans.
- Support the Operations Manager in the development and implementation of the evolving Internal Audit methodology.
- Contribute to the safeguarding of corporate assets and the interests of Members by ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Perform consulting services for management through participation in projects designed to introduce new and/or changing processes, products or facilities.
- Provide value added recommendations to mitigate both project and end state risks.
- Develop and maintain effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization and client organisations.
- Conduct investigations of suspected internal fraud or impropriety.
- Provide consultative support to client branches and departments with regard to the adequate design and execution of risk management processes.
- Collect, co-ordinate and disseminate material for Audit Committee meetings.
- Conduct testing to assist the organisation’s External auditors with the annual financial reporting audit.
- Process ballots for annual voting process for the organisation’s Board of Directors and oversee ballot counting.
- Any other duties ancillary or related to the foregoing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- A recognized professional designation in Accounting or Internal Auditing.
- Two to 3 years’ experience in Branch Audits (in the Financial Services Industry preferred).
- Solid understanding of risk and control concepts. Ability to apply these concepts to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of business processes and controls to mitigate risk to tolerance levels defined by management.
- Working knowledge of professional IIA performance standards with regarding to planning, testing, sampling and documentation.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Local travel will be required.
- May be required to work on weekends and evenings.
Applications should be sent to Patricia Archer, Human Resources Department via
e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Internal Auditor (ACI-2)
Deadline: November 1, 2023
We thank all candidates however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.