The Industrial and Employee Relations Officer is to provide employee and industrial relations advisory services to the Group of Companies thereby ensuring that the work environment is managed in a manner consistent with the Group’s corporate philosophy and values.
- Facilitate day-to-day industrial relations activities including disciplinary and grievance matters from end-to-end, conflict resolution as well as chairing the Consultative Committee meetings.
- Assist in the collective bargaining process by developing negotiation mandates for the relevant bargaining units, obtaining approvals, and supporting or leading the discussions at the negotiating table.
- Produce and maintain records of all discussions and decisions relating to collective bargaining, grievances, discipline, and any other matters including preparation of minutes, letters, and associated documents, while ensuring that all approvals are in place.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of Health and Safety programmes and initiatives and provide advisory support to the Health and Safety Committee to establish best practices, policies, and procedures.
- Review and amend, as necessary, all handbooks, codes of discipline, upon consultation and approval by HR management.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Human Resources Management, Employment Law, Social Sciences, or related area.
- A minimum of 5 years’ related experience in industrial or employee relations.
- Understanding and successful practice of contemporary Human Resources concepts.
- Working knowledge and evidence of experience in the interpretation of labour laws and practices.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional weekends and/or evening work.
Applications should be sent to Patricia Archer, Human Resources Department via email@example.com
Subject: Industrial and Employee Relations Officer (BPW-55)
Deadline: August 17, 2023
We thank all candidates however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.