Submission Deadline: February 17, 2023
The FSR I will assist the SFSR in the efficient, effective supervision of the Savings area ensuring that established policies and procedures are followed. The FSR I will support the SFSR to provide quality services to members, potential members and other internal and external stakeholders. Is responsible for assisting the SFSR with managing the operations of the savings area, satisfactory audits, staffing, supervision, performance management, training, security, problem-resolution, communication, generation of business, and managing the area’s sales and service activities while meeting established goals for the area. FSR I will supervise staff by exemplifying BPWCCUL’s Core Values. Solve problems within established policies and guidelines.
Savings Mobilisation and Member Services
- Assists the Supervisor – Savings & Mobilisation to maintain a highly motivated, well-trained staff, maintaining effective employee relations. Supervises staff to ensure regular, high standard of performance and engagement, within the teams, in accordance with HR and other organisational policies.
- Responsible for mentoring, coaching, performance evaluations, cross-training to ensure the delivery of quality service to members and to ensure accuracy in transactions.
- Assists with the monitoring of the branch operations for the team to ensure a consistent, professional approach.
- Supervises the activities of the Financial Service Representatives – Grade II (FSRs) for Savings Mobilisation operations areas by assigning work, answering questions, solving problems, helping with complex transactions and sensitive member relations problems, and responding to member complaints.
- Summarily review system records for reconciliation.
- Assists with the reviewing and approving of all member documents, ensuring that they are stored as per departmental policies and procedures.
- Analyses the workflow on an on-going basis to determine staffing requirements. Oversees work schedules for full-time and relief FSR (Tellers) within Savings Mobilisation the area to ensure proper service to members are maintained.
- Supports the sale and delivery of services to members for products (e.g. Savings & Deposits portfolio, Loans portfolio, Member Services, Member Payroll Services and ATM services) to achieve appropriate KPIs, service level standards for the branch.
- Manages the vault for the branch, which includes: ensuring adequate cash levels are maintained, ordering cash, verifying cash received, disbursing cash to replenish cash orders for the FSRs, maintaining full vault security, and balancing vault cash daily nightly.
- Oversees proper availability of daily cash and controls cash levels in the FSR - II tills and ATM(s). Reconciles FSR IIs end of day cash and cheques.
- Ensures the receipt of payroll deposits for members and their timely distribution to Member Ledger department for lodgement to members’ accounts.
- Approves withdrawals within pre-determined limit.
- Assists the Branch Managers and Supervisors – Savings & Mobilisation to develop, apply, and evaluate policies and procedures for the department.
- Investigates FSR-Grade II losses and institute corrective flow of work and/or corrective disciplinary action where required, in conjunction with the Supervisor – Savings Mobilisation & Member Services.
- Prepares a daily report for the Finance Department on the daily cash received and disbursed for vault management.
- Signs cheques within predetermined limits.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of general economic conditions or industry trends that may affect the credit union’s savings and deposits rates.
- Suggests new services, products, rates and terms that reflect the marketplace; which can be offered by the Credit Union.
- Develops, analyses and completes monthly reports and other periodic reports as requested by the Branch Manager/Supervisor. Assists with the development of procedures and reporting tools for effective information flow through the department.
- Manages staff to include setting schedules, approving leave (in conjunction with the Branch Manager and Supervisor – Savings & Mobilisation); provides regular team meetings; undertake performance reviews, provide counselling, on-the-job guidance and discipline as required.
- Tracks and prepares monthly overtime sheets for the department to facilitate processing by the HR Department.
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager/Supervisor support the security and safety of the branch.
- Ensures authenticity of requested overrides and enters those verifications.
- Ensures the controls within the department are maintained (e.g. vault).
- Creates, drives and maintains a Sales and Cross-selling environment within the area. Trains employees to maximise Sales opportunities to sell and cross-sell products.
- Processes wire transfer requests through appropriate channels.
- Supervises and ensure all back-office functions performed within the area as required such as:
- Payroll/Pension Processing
- Wire Processing
- Returned/Unprocessed Cheques
- Memos-Legal, Finance and supporting departments
- Cashing Off of Tellers
- Fast Deposits
- Internal and External ATMs (Including Daily ATM Reports, and Removing holds for ATM Deposits)
- Self-Help Coin Counters
- Cash Recyclers.
- Responds to local and international member queries and concerns through the use of appropriate media.
- Assists with the maintenance scheduling of cash machines and any other equipment within the department as required.
- Ensures adequate stock level are maintained in the department.
- Any other duties ancillary or related to the foregoing.
- Associates Degree in Banking and Financial Services or Management or a related discipline with at least 2 years’ related experience at a bank, credit union, or other financial institution.
- Supervisory qualification is desirable or two (2) years supervisory experience within a financial institution.
- Outgoing, personable and proactive sales focus.
- Strong supervisory, presentation, communication, organisational, analytical and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work shift including Saturdays and Sundays.
- Required to effectively complete highly repetitive tasks.
- High level of flexibility required to work at various locations within the group.
Applications should be sent to Patricia Archer, Human Resources Department via e-mail at:
email@example.com - Subject: Financial Services Representative I (BPW-39)
Deadline: February 17, 2023