Submission Deadline: May 27th 2022
The Employee Relations Officer is responsible for providing employee and industrial relations advisory services to the Group of Companies thereby ensuring that the work environment is managed in a manner consistent with the Group’s corporate philosophy and values.
- Facilitate day-to-day industrial relations activities including disciplinary and grievance matters from end-to-end, conflictresolution as well as chairing the Consultative Committee meetings.
- Assist in the investigation, reporting and resolution of whistleblowing cases, where applicable.
- Assist in the collective bargaining process by developing negotiation mandates for the relevant bargaining units, obtainingapprovals, and supporting or leading the discussions at the negotiating table.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of Health and Safety programmes and initiatives and provide advisory support tothe Health and Safety Committee to establish best practices, policies, and procedures.
- Assist the human resources department in case management of injuries and long-term sick leave by providing advice on bestpractices and seeking resolution within the confines of the law.
- Support the performance improvement process by advising and guiding the steps.
- Liaise with employee representatives (friends, attorneys, trade unions), employers’ representatives, social security departmentand insurance companies (on accident claims), and represent the Group at hearings at tribunals, court, and Labourdepartment/office.
- Review and amend, as necessary, all handbooks, codes of discipline, upon consultation and approval by HR management.
- Develop a repository of all relevant employment legislation and conduct periodic scans of the legislative and regulatoryenvironment to ensure that the Group remains compliant all legislation and regulations.
- Review and provide feedback and recommendations on current and future policies, processes, practices, and initiatives toensure compliance.
- Provide human resource advisory services to managers and employees across the Credit Union Group of Companies.
- Work collaboratively with other HR personnel to develop initiatives to improve engagement, climate and ultimately, culture.
- Report on activities, achievements and challenges paying attention to emerging labour trends within the Group and in theexternal labour market.
- Any other duties ancillary or related to the foregoing.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Human Resources Management, Employment Law, Labour & Employee Relations, SocialSciences, or related area.
- A minimum of 5 years’ related experience in industrial or employee relations.
- A certification in labour negotiation and/or mediation would be an asset.
- Working knowledge and evidence of experience in the interpretation of labour laws and practices.
- Understanding and successful practice of contemporary labour negotiation and/or mediation techniques.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional weekends and/or evening work.
- May be required to travel for the effective functioning of this role.
Applications should be sent to Patricia Archer, Human Resources Department via e-mail at:
email@example.com - Subject: Employee Relations Officer
Deadline: May 27th 2022