Submission Deadline: March 16, 2023
Barbados Public Workers’ Co-operative Credit Union Limited
The Credit Underwriting Officer II prudently and effectively underwrites consumer loans ensuring sound, analytical principles are applied in accordance with the credit Union’s standards, policies, and procedures and provide quality services to new and existing members by exemplifying BPWCCUL’s Core Values.
- Reviews loan applications and determine approval or rejection based on established financial ratios, risk, and financial soundness. Escalates loans to the next authority level with a recommendation for a decision.
- Gathers and reviews background information on loan applicants reviewing credit rating reports; verify employment, debts, estimate monthly payments for any outstanding debts not listed and add them to debts on the application.
- Calculates debt-to-income ratios on loan applicants, and calculate how much of a loan applicant’s debt is secured or unsecured.
- Approves disbursements for successful loan applications.
- Prepares disbursement instructions to the Branch Teams.
- Reviews and recommends requests to Credit Committee for Waivers and Withdrawals.
- Communicates all loan decisions to Relationship Officers/Branch Teams. Includes a path to a future approval on internal loan requests that are not approved.
- Maintains service levels for all underwriting turnaround times as set forth by management.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of general economic conditions or changing trends that may affect the credit union’s competitiveness for providing consumer and mortgage loans.
- Supports Sales and Cross-selling of the credit union products and services by identifying potential opportunities during the underwriting process.
- Ensures loan requests are underwritten consistently and in accordance with the Credit Union's credit policies, procedures and standards.
- Assist with the resolution of member complaints.
- Performs any other duties ancillary or related to the foregoing.
- Associate Degree in Banking/Finance or a related field.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in credit underwriting of loans.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional weekends and/or evening work.
- Frequent travel will be required.
- Infrequent exposure to outdoor elements may be required.
Applications should be sent to Patricia Archer, Human Resources Department via e-mail at:
email@example.com - Subject: Credit Underwriting Officer II (BPW-14)
Deadline: March 16, 2023