Submission Deadline: September 5th, 2023
We are seeking a Credit Underwriting Officer II to underwrite consumer loans in accordance with the credit union’s standards, policies and procedures and provide quality services to new and existing members by exemplifying BPWCCUL’s Core Values.
- Review loan applications and determine approval or rejection based on established financial ratios, risk and financial soundness. Escalates loans to the next authority level with a recommendation for a decision.
- Gather and review background information on loan applicants reviewing credit rating reports; verify employment, debts, estimate monthly payments for any outstanding debts not listed and add them to debts on the application.
- Calculate debt-to-income ratios on loan applicants, and calculate how much of a loan applicant’s debt is secured or unsecured.
- Approve disbursements for successful loan applications.
- Prepare disbursement instructions to the Branch Teams.
- Review and recommend requests to Credit Committee for Waivers and Withdrawals.
- Communicates all loan decisions to Relationship Officers/Branch Teams. Includes a path to a future approval on internal loan requests that are not approved.
- Maintains service levels for all underwriting turnaround times as set forth by management.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of general economic conditions or changing trends that may affect the credit union’s competitiveness for providing consumer and mortgage loans.
- Supports Sales and Cross-selling of the credit union products and services by identifying potential opportunities during the underwriting process.
- Ensures loan requests are underwritten consistently and in accordance with the Credit Union's credit policies, procedures and standards.
- Assist with the resolution of member complaints.
- Performs any other duties ancillary or related to the foregoing.
- Associate Degree in Banking/Finance or a related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in credit underwriting of loans.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work may require occasional weekends and/or evening work.
- Frequent travel will be required.
- Infrequent exposure to outdoor elements may be required.
- Good organisational and/or project management skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Team building skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate with minimum of supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources
- High level of flexibility
- Target focused, self-motivated and driven
- Team oriented
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to overcome obstacles and appropriately handle irate members/customers
- Meticulous tendencies
- Results oriented
- Strong work ethic
- Professional judgement
- Internal and external members/customers
- General Public
- Government Agencies
- Other financial institutions
- Vendors and other service providers
Applications should be sent to Patricia Archer, Talent manager, Human Resources Department via e-mail at:
firstname.lastname@example.org - Subject: Credit Underwriting Officer II (BPW-14)
Deadline: September 5th, 2023